Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some FAQs that you may have regarding some of our offered courses. If your question is not addressed here, write to us and we will respond to your questions.

Questions for Flight Attendants Training

Do I need to wear a uniform whilst studying with AACE?

Cabin Crew students are required to adhere to the dress code which have been set during their time at AACE. AACE will issue a grooming guide to you upon confirmation of your enrolment which provides a detailed description of the standards.

Will AACE help me to secure employment?

We will assist students with the preparation of cover letters, resumes, interview preparation and interview techniques and offer general advice in regard to selection processes. With over 10 years of Human Resource experience, the program coordinator’s sole focus is to assist students to gain employment from their day of enrolment through to after they graduate. AACE will also provide students with exclusive interviews with selected airlines.

Will AACE help me to secure employment?English is not my first language. Can I still do the course?

As AACE’s Cabin Crew course caters to all airlines whether it is domestic, regional or international carriers, we do have specific height, tattoo, maximum age and/or swimming requirements upon enrolment. These requirements vary from airline to airline and we encourage students to study their airline of choice regarding particular employment requirements.

What language is the training conducted in?

All our courses are conducted in English. The training documentation is in English and all the examinations are conducted in English as well.

How do I get more information?

Call or send us an e-mail to get more details about this course.

Questions for Engineering & Ground Operations

How much does it cost to become a licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer?

Call or send us an e-mail to get more details about this course.

Do you offer full time courses?

Yes. All courses offered at AACE are on a full time basis.

What is the body which issues the licences?

The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) is an agency of the European Union (EU) with regulatory and executive tasks in the field of civilian aviation safety. EASA will issue the licence upon completion of training at an approved EASA part-147 training centre and with sufficient work experience in the aviation industry.

Which parts of an aircraft would an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer work on?

The role of an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer would depend on the licence obtained upon course completion.

It consists of 2 areas, the B1: Mechanical and the B2: Avionics. A B1 licenced engineer would work on jet engines and aircraft systems such as electrical, flight controls, hydraulics and pressurization. A B2 licenced engineer, on the other hand, would be responsible for the aircraft’s electrical, instrument, communication and navigation systems.

When enrolling for this course, students may choose to enrol in either a B1 or B2 licence, or pursue a dual licence which is a combination of B1 and B2.

What qualification can I obtain from the training?

Upon completion of the program, you will be issued a Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (certified by the Australia Qualification Framework) as part of the tertiary academic requirement and also a frozen licence.

How long does it take to complete the course?

The course normally takes around 2 to 2.5 years to complete.

What is the work experience required to become a fully Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer?

The aviation industry requires an individual to have a licence to certify an aircraft. Generally, degree holders are required to acquire a licence before they are able to become a full-fledged Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.

What is the importance of enrolling into an EASA part-147 training centre?

The difference between enrolling with an EASA part-147 approved centre and one which isn’t becomes apparent with the amount of time required to obtain the Licence. It could take up to 7 years of practical experience for an engineer who is trained at a centre without the EASA part-147 approval, whereas it would only take a maximum of 2 years of practical experience for an individual who is trained at an EASA part-147 approved training facility.

Where would I work when I get my AME Diploma/Licence?

Airlines and Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO). You can choose to work anywhere in the world with the internationally acclaimed EASA licence.

Would I be learning locally or abroad?

Our twinning program stipulates that the foundation course (6 months) will be conducted at Asian Aviation Centre of Excellence (AACE) and the remainder 1.5-2 years at Aviation Australia’s training facility in Brisbane, Australia.

At what age can I start my training to pursue a career in aviation?

Graduates have multiple career options in international Aviation Maintenance including:

  1. Gaining further practical experience (minimum two years) and then applying for a European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Aircraft Maintenance Engineer licence.
  2. Working as an unlicensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) indefinitely or while waiting to qualify to be eligible to apply for AME licence.
Will I receive a European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) licence when I complete my Diploma Aircraft Maintenance Engineering?

Diploma graduates receive the EASA Examination Completion Certificate. This means students have completed required EASA exams and do not need to sit these exams again before applying for their Aircraft Maintenance Engineer licence. Students then need a minimum of two years industry experience working on operating aircraft.

Normally, five years industry experience is required to be eligible to apply for an EASA licence. The Aviation Australia Diploma includes practical maintenance training approved by EASA which means a minimum 2 years (not the usual five years) industry experience is required before graduates are eligible to apply for an EASA Aircraft Maintenance Engineer licence.

Do I get to work on real aircraft while studying for the Diploma of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering?

Aviation Australia students learn real skills on real aircraft in our European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) approved Part 147 training facility.

How much of the Diploma of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course is practical work?

Approximately 50% of the course is dedicated to practical tasks in either the Aircraft Maintenance Hangar, classroom or workshop areas.

How do I get more information?

Call or send us an e-mail to get more details about this course.